It's that time of year again! The weeds are growing, the air is thick and stagnant, and I just deployed another refactoring of my blog. "Why does he keep working on his blog," you're thinking, "when I could do all of that with a static-site generator like Jekyll?"
I'm probably going to regret this, but this post is about promises. There are a few details that I'd like to spell out so I can point people to this post instead of repeating myself. Here are a few reasons why I don't like promises.
- LLJS fork of LLJS that compiles to asm.js
- dcpu-lisp static Lisp that compiles to DCPU-16 assembly code
- shade terrible WebGL graphics engine
- octoshot multiplayer WebGL 3d first person shooter
- dom3d 3d objects with purely 2d CSS transforms